When patients visit our office with unidentified bumps, hear issues, or pain and swelling, Dr. John Abroon, MD may use a sonogram to produce live images of the affected area. Our sonogram services include:
- Abdominal sonograms, or sonograms that evaluate the abdominal structure for conditions such as an aortic aneurysm. This aneurysm is a weakened area or bulge in the artery that runs through the middle of the abdomen to supply the lower body with blood.
- Carotid sonograms, which uses sound waves to evaluate blood flow through the carotid arteries (located on either side of your neck to deliver blood from the heart to the brain). Blocked or narrowed carotid arteries can increase the risk of stroke.
- Echocardiograms, also known as heart ultrasounds, which examines the structure and function of the heart and its valves. This service may be performed to evaluate the size of the heart chambers, fluid around the heart, the pumping capability, or the cause of a heart murmur.
- Lower Extremity Doppler sonograms, or venous ultrasounds of the legs, which can reveal blockages in the leg veins. Patients who experience pain and swelling in one or both legs may receive this ultrasound service.
- Thyroid sonograms to evaluate lumps and nodules on the thyroid gland. This gland produces the thyroid hormone, which helps regulate heart rate and other functions.
For more information about diagnostic sonograms in New York, New York, and to schedule your appointment with our doctor, please contact our office today.