Our skilled doctor, Dr. John Abroon, provides the Rapid Strep Test (RST) to determine whether you have streptococcal pharyngitis. Commonly known as strep throat, streptococcal pharyngitis is an infection that can often be effectively treated once it is diagnosed. You may have streptococcal pharyngitis if you suffer from the following symptoms:
- Pain or difficulty swallowing
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Fever (often high, over 101° F)
- White or yellow spots and coating on the throat and tonsils
- Bright red throat or dark red spots on the roof of the mouth at the back, near the throat
- Severe and sudden sore throat without coughing, sneezing, or other cold symptoms
Because several symptoms of strep throat may be symptoms of other medical conditions as well, it is essential to receive proper testing to diagnose streptococcal pharyngitis. The Rapid Strep Test is done in our New York City, New York medical office, and the results are typically available in 10-15 minutes. If you suffer from the symptoms of streptococcal pharyngitis, we encourage you to contact our Upper East Side medical office to schedule your appointment with Dr. Abroon!
Finally, a doctor who got it right! I’ve been two specialists who were unable to pin point the cause for a condition that now turns out to be very minor, and easily resolved. I was recommended to this doctor by a high profile TV producer who’s been a patient of his for years. I liked that Dr. Abroon asked a lot of questions and gave me all the time necessary before discovering the problem.
– James P.