If you suffer from an undiagnosed disease or health condition, Dr. Abroon may recommend a stool analysis to provide further insight into your bacteria levels and intestinal health. A stool analysis can often identify conditions such as lactose intolerance, stomach cancer, and parasitic diseases.
The purpose of a stool analysis is to:
• Offer a comprehensive evaluation of overall intestinal health
• Identify digestion and absorption markers
• Detect maldigestion, malabsorption, yeast and parasites
• Evaluate fecal fats
• Screen for bleeding in the gastrointestinal system
Stool analyses are common recommendations for patients who experience intestinal discomfort such as gas, abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation. Typically, patients are provided with a take-home stool kit to swab their next bowel movement. Our team can then evaluate the swab for any indications of a gastrointestinal issue.
Stool tests include:
• Naked eye exam: The color and consistency of the stool sample are evaluated.
• Fecal occult blood tests: One the most common stool tests, it can diagnose conditions such as stomach cancer that cause bleeding in the gastrointestinal system.
• Microbiology tests: A microscope is used to detect the presence of parasitic diseases, parasitic eggs, and toxins.
• Chemical tests: Fecal pH tests can reveal lactose intolerance and infections.
Dr. Abroon and our team are committed to diagnosing and treating medical conditions quickly so that you can enjoy optimal physical health. We invite you to contact our office at 212-288-0900 if you have noticed a negative change in your health and feel you would benefit from a stool analysis in New York, New York.